Cement Mortar Lining
Cement mortar lining can be applied to the interior surfaces of carbon steel pipes including potable water transmission, fire water, wastewater, seawater transfer and injection lines.
- The cement mortar lining provides the following benefits:
- Physical protection to the pipe surface.
- Chemical protection to the pipe surface, i.e. should any aggressive fluid seep through the lining to the pipe wall, it will have been rendered completely harmless from a corrosion point of view owing to the free lime in the mortar which converts the effluent into an alkaline solution.
- Extends the life of the pipe.
- Reduces pipe maintenances costs.
- Ensures optimum hydraulic characteristics.
The protection provided by the cement mortar lining can increase the effective life of the pipe up to 100 years, depending on its condition and environment.
The cement mortar lining is applied utilizing Raymond’s “Centriline” centrifugal process, which involves the controlled movement of a lining machine through station pipe, fittings or spools.
The “Centriline” centrifugal lining process has several advantages over the alternative “Spinning” Method, including:
- Linings are more dense and homogeneous
- Contains more cement resulting in extra strength and corrosion protection.
- Higher compressive, tensile and flexural strength.
- Centrifugal lining equipment is portable and more flexible.
- Spun lining equipment is only suitable for lining of straight pipes at a fixed factory location.
- Lining can be performed at one of our fixed plants located in Jubail or Jeddah, or at a conveniently located, temporarily erected, lining facility to suit project requirements.